Whether you’re seeking a career in the media, want to develop your skills and try new things, or you’ve just got an incredible taste in music that needs to be shared, POW! is your platform for showcasing your talents and expressing your views.
Contributors get access to specialist equipment and our media studio, and those who get really involved – as an editor with the magazine or with a weekly slot on the radio station, for example – will have access to special training workshops and opportunities to attend external media events, conferences and awards. However, POW! Media isn’t just for editors and DJs – all Middlesex students are welcome to contribute regardless of your time commitment.
Why should I join?
- It looks great on the CV, no matter what degree you study. If you’re trying to enter the media industry, this is a must.
- Doing a show is great fun, and you will learn useful skills while presenting or producing. If you want to pursue a career in radio, this is the best place to learn your craft.
- Be involved with a media outlet which broadcasts across the city and on campus.
- Build something great for the station technically that you want to show off, or have a really solid radio show? Submit it to the regular SRA awards and you never know!
- Great networking opportunities. The annual SRA conference and regular Radio Academy events are great opportunities to meet people in the industry. We also have good links with Global (Heart, Capital) and Celador (Sam FM, Breeze) in the city.
Where do I sign up?
First decide whether you want a show or you want to help out with our off-air roles. Then, click the corresponding boxes below!
To find out more about either running or contributing to any of our media platforms, please get in touch with MDXSU Vice President Lucy Holland at [email protected] or Media Coordinator Andre Thompson at [email protected]
PS. while it’s never too late to get involved, the new year is a perfect opportunity to get started.